The Institute welcomes any person who is interested in mediation to join as a member. There are 3 main categories of membership, namely, Life Member, Ordinary Member and Associate Member. Life Member and Ordinary Member are the two common membership types. They are mediators who agree with the vision and mission of the Institute and would want to be associated with iiM to help develop the mediation community. Associates are non mediators but who agree with the vision and mission of the Institute and would want to be associated with iiM. Membership form is attached.
There are several benefits of becoming a member of the Institute. They include the following:
Benefits of membership
- To have the opportunities to interact with fellow mediators both locally and internationally.
- To be updated on the latest developments in mediation and other dispute resolution fields.
- To participate in free or discounted members’ price to seminars, workshops, conferences and other Institute’s activities.
- To undertake research in mediation and other dispute resolution processes.
- To provide mediation to disputing parties who need them.
- To serve on the Institute’s panel of lecturers and instructors on mediation topics.
- To serve on various committees of the Institute and to be involved in planning various activities for the community.
- To be recognised as international mediators and be able to network with counterparts in other countries.